Sunday, 1 September 2013

Crabapple Kitchen

I have been meaning to visit Crabapple Kitchen but never had a valid reason to visit Hawthorn. My birthday lunch was however, a perfect excuse.

The cafe resembles a cottage home; bricks walls, rustic wooden tables and floral printed cushioned seats. The chef is an avid traveler, which explains its eclectic range of food.

We skipped the all day breakfast menu because nothing seemed particularly appealing. I was strangely not in the mood for a feast so I only ordered a flat white (AUD $3.50) and a Crabapple Slider (two for AUD $15) while Ashley had a Chicken Schnitzel (AUD $27).

The Crabapple Sliders were light brioches filled with fresh blue swimmer crab meat, thin strips of radish, julienne apple, enhanced subtly by mayo & decorated with mustard cress. At first bite, I was instantly reminded of the lobster rolls I had in Boston's famous Quincy Market. These refreshing mini sliders are a lovely infusion of sweet and tangy, my idea of a perfect guilt-free snack. No wonder it was ranked as one of Melbourne's top 25 buns.

The free-range Australian Chicken Schnitzel fried in parsely crumbs and parmesan cheese, was a winner; Topped with sauteed mushrooms, tomato relish, crispy rosemary & a wedge of lemon. I strongly recommend these two dishes & I guarantee that you will love them like we did!



Now excuse me for not typing anymore because my macbook is getting really cranky. The disc drive is damaged & is beginning to screw with my cursor pad. I just bought a wireless mouse to overcome the glitch but the cursor still remains clicking & moving on its own. I really need to fix it. Flinders Lane said they do not support overseas mac products so I have to head down to Chadstone ASAP. My Mac Book Pro & I are inseparable. It has traveled the world and attended every class & meeting with me. It took me extra efforts to blog this. Bye.

Crabapple Kitchen
http://www.crabapplekitchen.com.au/
659 Glenferrie Rd
Hawthorn, VIC 3122
03 9078 5492

Crabapple Kitchen on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment