Wednesday, 1 May 2013

Drugstore Espresso

I will have to admit that it was Drugstore Espresso's catchy name that lured my friends and I into this little cafe. The service was somewhat disorganized but the quality coffee & food made it up. We had to wait a little longer than usual to be served as well as getting our food but the magazines and newspapers kept us occupied.

The prices are slightly more expensive than usual local cafes but I'm guessing that is due to the fact that Drug Store Espresso claims that they "proudly use free range eggs & organic produce where ever possible". I'm raising my eyebrows at the phrase "where ever possible" but I shall quit being skeptical and give them the benefit of the doubt.

I had my usual fix of salmon but in a different way... This time round with Potato Rosti! The only other time I had rosti was in Swiss Bake Bakery so I was really happy to see it being served in a local Melbourne cafe. It was served with smoked flaked King salmon, sauteed spinach, poached egg and house made hollandaise sauce at AUD$18. My friends had a sandwich & Drugstore's Full Prescription AUD $20 - a variety of eggs, bacon, avocado, mushrooms, tomatoes, beans and sourdough bread. Their beans are also house made.



I heard they sell awesome corn fritters. Guess I'll have to return again to try it out.

Drugstore Espresso
http://www.drugstoreespresso.com.au/
194 Toorak Road
South Yarra VIC 3141
03 9827 5058

Drugstore Espresso on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment