Monday, 8 April 2013

Simon's Peiking Duck Restaurant

Having sampled chinese food from Australia to Asia to Europe to America, I must say that this is by far the best peiking duck pancakes I ever had in my life. I have been to this restaurant 4 times and each visit never fails to make my dull day a brighter one.

The ducks are painstakingly prepared through long processes of stuffing, sewing, pumping, boiling and hanging, before roasting them to perfection. Every part of the duck is used - the remaining duck meat is whipped up in a second dish consisting of stir fried noodles and bean sprouts while the duck bones are used to cook a ginger base soup.



I must admit that I am not a fan of the last two dishes at all. But the amazing peiking duck pancakes (the first course) are so wonderful that I will always return.

Simon, the owner & chef, is easily identified in the restaurant. He would be the smiling man walking around, donning a black bow on his collar. He will teach you how to eat your pancakes by first throwing them at you like a frisbee. Prepare to hold your plate up and catch the flying pancakes! I love how incredibly thin and soft the pancakes are.

Trust me, 1 duck isn't enough! Price ranges from AUD$55-$63 per duck.

Reservations are required

Simon's Peiking Duck Restaurant
197b Middleborough Rouad
Box Hill South, VIC 3128
03 9898 5844

Simon's Peiking Duck Restaurant on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. Mmmmm. Thanks for the review. Thinking bout taking mum here for mothers day dinner

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're welcome :) yeah you should, she will love it!

    ReplyDelete