Saturday, 6 April 2013

Manchester Press

I have been to Manchester Press cafe more than 20 times over the past 2 years. Their menus have changed several times, so did their presentations of food. But their cream cheese smoked salmon wholemeal bagels and their coffee arts will always be the best.




Manchester Press is the only cafe that I know which never fails to surprise me with their latte art. You can get a smiling human face, a bunny or even a lion! Isn't that exciting? However, for a few consecutive visits I was only served with standard boring heart shapes.. I'm guessing that the baristas must have had an endless order of coffees.



The only thing I hate about the cafe is that it is WAY TOO POPULAR. A table for two will usually require you to wait for at least 15 minutes. If you are going to eat there with one huge group of friends, be ready to split or perhaps visit on a weekday morning.

So I have tried almost everything on the menu (except for the cakes on displays) but I'm just gonna tell you to order their salmon bagels because it is their best dish. I recently tried their new 12 hour pulled pork and the portion of meat was crazily intense! It tasted a little sweet and Serene kept insisting it tasted like chinese bak kwa (flat sheet sweet & salty pork jerky). It was nonetheless good but I'd still prefer my all time favourite smoked salmon bagel. You can't go wrong with that unless you don't eat smoked salmon.


I won't be back anytime soon having visited there twice in the past two weeks. But if you haven't been there before, it is highly recommended that you do. All my friends are always in awe because of its "secluded" city location. Remember to order a salmon bagel & coffee!

Manchester Press Cafe is located on the 2nd alleyway just across the road from GPO.

Manchester Press
8 Rankins Lane
Melbourne VIC 3000
03 9600 4054

Manchester Press on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment