Tuesday, 19 March 2013

Pepper Cafe

Pepper Cafe is a cozy little cafe located just beside New Market train station. This is my second time dining in this unpretentious cafe & I must say I really do like it. There is usually a crowd or a queue but we were lucky that it was half empty on a rainy Monday :)


I like how rustic looking the cafe is; worn out timbres with a modern twist at the counter. (I didn't take any pictures of the outdoor or the remaining interiors, sorry!) Opened 7 days a week, there is a wide selection of breakfast and lunch items on the menu.

Almost every local cafe in Melbourne serves great coffee and Pepper is no exception. Regular coffees are at AUD $3.30 each while large coffees are at AUD $4 each. Ashley was extremely satisfied with his cappucino because its froth was served with chocolate powder, just the way he had it when he was a child. As for me... I never once fancied froth.

I am a huge fan of salmon fish regardless it being raw, smoked or cooked. Just look at the new header of my blog and you will understand. I ordered Eggs Deluxe, AUD $13.50 - free range poached eggs, Tasmanian salmon, spinach & Hollandaise sauce on toasted sourdough.


Ashley had The Mediterranean AUD $14.50 which had generous amounts of rocket leaves, bacon, avocado slices, basil pesto, tomatoes, parmesan and a traditional sauce made with garlic, olives, lemon juice and egg yolks. He couldn't stop raving on how good they were. I guess we'll be back again really soon.

Pepper Cafe
http://peppercafe.com.au/
44 Pin Oak Crescent
Flemington VIC 3031
03 9372 2726

Pepper on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment