Friday, 22 February 2013

Le Bangkok

Le Bangkok on Urbanspoon

I visited Le Bangkok several days ago with no expectations due to the absence of crowd but was pleasantly surprised. The waiters are friendly and we did not have to wait long for the food. I'm no wine expert but my friend, a wine lover, nodded her head in approval and said "quality wine". Without further ado, let's begin with the yummy starters...


The Satay Gai (AUD$4.50) consists of tender chicken skewers grilled over a charcoal. It is complemented with a generous amount of mouthwatering peanut sauce (slightly spicy).





Khang Khao Phuak (AUD$4.90) are actually baked golden taro pastries that are filled with shitake mushrooms & mixed vegetables, served with delicious plum sauce on the side. It was incredibly soft and the interesting mix of sweet and salty worked perfectly.



The Prawn Pad Thai (AUD$19.90) above may look small in the picture above, but trust me it isn't! It would have easily filled up 3 takeaway boxes. For people who are unfamiliar with Thai food, this plate of flat rice noodles stir fried with several ingredients, namely egg, beansprouts, tofu, shrimps and ground peanuts is a MUST-TRY! It is also available in chicken/vegetarian if you don't fancy prawns. I love the abundance of tamarind sauce throughout the entire dish, making it moist and flavourful. My apologies that I am unable to comment on the Beef Green Curry because I don't eat beef. But I'm guessing it must have been good judging from how my friend finished the entire bowl.

From golden plated utensils to dim yellow lights, this lovely restaurant restaurant is nothing short of fancy. If you are lazy to leave the house but crave for some fine Thai delicacies, here is a piece of good news: Le Bangkok does daily deliveries from 5-10pm!

195 Lonsdale Street
(03) 9663 0360
http://www.lebangkok.com.au/
Opened daily 11am-3pm & 5pm-10pm

No comments:

Post a Comment